Patient Comments: Muscle Spasms - Experience

Where were your muscle spasms, and please describe your experience.

Comment from: Jenny, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been suffering from spasm for many years, it is very painful and lots of sleepless nights. It happens after sitting for too long at work or just after dancing when I am ready to go to sleep or while I am sleeping. I wish sometimes to be dead than continue suffering from this condition, I find myself without energy. It is very, very painful.

Comment from: Buyman66, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been experiencing spasms in my pelvic region for about 3 years. They are debilitating, as I am unable to continue walking when the spasms hit. I had surgery to remove tumors from my spine in February of 2013, but as time goes by, the spasms have returned to pre operation severity. I have been to multiple doctors had many MRIs, x-rays and I believe a CT scan. With the exception of finding the tumors in the spine resulting in the surgery, nothing else has been found that could be causing the spasms. Nerves look good spine looks good but still having these spasms. Not sure where to turn to now.

Comment from: VISHAL S., 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 12

I have muscle pain in leg and thighs. The doctor said in 3 or 4 place in the spinal column, some muscles are attached.

Comment from: Joe, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 11

I had severe leg cramps and the best and quickest cure is to take 1/4 cup of pickle juice! It works within minutes.

Comment from: Samrose, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

I have smooth muscle spasm syndrome (according to my doctor) and have had problems with spasms in my coronary artery, gullet, stomach, bowel and bladder. Having been treated with drugs for many years to alleviate individual symptoms without success, I have found relief taking a daily supplement of 800mg of magnesium keeps me pain free. I have been able to reduce several medications which is great. However if I miss one capsule of the magnesium I am in pain again.

Comment from: white MRS, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 15

I was in bed when it occurred at night. I had a tightening of the muscles in both my calves. They were stiff, hard and painful. I could not move my legs.

Comment from: akuroro, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 30

For the past one year, a very close friend has been down with what the doctors recognized as severe muscle spasms which has led to the cramping of the four limbs with pains.

Comment from: hdsae60, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 02

I had electro cardioversion and now I have a twitch in my rib cage that won't stop.

Comment from: willie, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

My right hand back muscle cramps and I have terrible pain. I drink ibuprofen 400 mg and Panamor 50 mg received by the chemist.

Comment from: Janene, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I have been using carisoprodol off and on for a year now. I started taking the drug for muscle spasms but found another use for it. I"ve had RLS (restless leg syndrome) since I was a child. I have a lot wrong with my body and bones but the RLS has altered my life more than anything. I have tried all the new Parkinson's drugs and anything and everything they thought might help. Nothing helped. I finally realized that the RLS was better when I took carisoprodol.

Muscle Spasms - Cause of Spasms Question: What was the cause of your muscle spasms?
Muscle Spasms - Treatments Question: What treatment did you use for your muscle spasms?
Muscle Spasms - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms of your muscle spasms.