Patient Comments: Myofascial Pain Syndrome - Causes

What was the cause of your muscle pain?

Comment from: aerobus, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

C-section caused my myofascial pain.

Comment from: gardinia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I think my pain is being caused by Simvastatin. I never made a connection until the other day when I saw an article about this; I thought all my pain was caused by blood flow in my lower body. I asked my doctor about the Statin and he immediately took me off them for 2 weeks. This is only the second day and already I feel quite better.

Comment from: Dan the mailman, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 31

I am a city letter carrier and walk 8 miles a day on my route. When I push too hard or have to trudge deep snow I get pain in my feet, hips, lower back, and shoulders. The pain seems to get progressively worse over a week or two. I take neproxin, but the pain has been breaking through. Pain and stiffness is the worst in the evening. In the past, I have been able to manage the pain by reducing my pace, but once it has flared up it is hard to keep away.

Myofascial Pain Syndrome - Effective Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your muscle pain (myofascial pain syndrome)?