Patient Comments: Muscle Cramps - Causes

What was the cause of your muscle cramps?

Comment from: bev, 65-74 Female Published: March 24

I have leg cramps often at night, I drink a cup of Tonic water every other day and I found that it helps.

Comment from: GAYLE, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

When in bed, if I move a certain way I will get a sudden painful cramp in my upper leg, not in the calf. It feels like someone is pulling the muscle with their hand.

Comment from: grannyof9, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I have been taking Lipitor for high cholesterol. I usually have the cramps at night, but not always.

Muscle Cramps - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your muscle cramps?
Muscle Cramps - Vitamins and Supplements Question: Which vitamins or supplements did you start taking to relieve muscle cramps?
Muscle Cramps - Prevention Question: What measures have you found effective in preventing muscle cramps?