Patient Comments: Mumps - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with mumps.

Comment from: lk, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I thought I had a toothache or possible ear infection. I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with mumps. I have severe pain in my right jaw, cheek, teeth and around my eye. The swelling isn't too bad, but the pain is intense even with medication.

Comment from: Ashe, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

I was given all but my last MMR booster as a kid. My doctor didn't give it and we couldn't afford another series of bills to find somebody who would give me my booster. So when I was 18, I got the mumps in both tonsils. It wasn't that bad, my throat was very swollen. The first day I had a fever and I was very much disoriented. But after that, it was pretty much like having a standard sore throat. But the long-term effects are still going on. I have lots of trouble with my tonsils, and they are prone to getting irritated and causing head colds.

Comment from: MathGirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I more or less cured my mumps in 3 hours with 25 gm of liposomal vitamin C from LivOn Labs. Same success in my little girl with 15 gm liposomal C. Yes, I was vaccinated. Vaccines are a hoax. I've had rubella, pertussis, and mumps in the past year right along with my unvaccinated daughter. Zero out of three! Funny, I was fine when she had chickenpox; I had chickenpox as a child. This vitamin C cure for mumps was pioneered by Frederick Klenner, MD in the 1940s! Why are people still suffering and getting ineffective vaccines!

Comment from: kumar, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

Two years back I was affected by mumps virus, with my jaws swelling both side. After 12 days from the time I was affected, my right side testis size was increased and after 2 days that size was decreased half the normal size. I asked my doctor and he said this is a side effect of mumps virus. Nowadays I also feel pain in my testis.

Comment from: Oh no not now, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I had the mumps vaccine as a child in the 1970s. When I was 18 I contracted the mumps. I found out many people who had been immunized at that time were contracting the virus. I had swelling and pain on the right side of my neck at the jawline. I had fever and extreme fatigue.

Comment from: alba, Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I had MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine with 2 other live vaccines and flu shot 'inactive' in same day! I had fever and shiver for 4 days and after 4 days I got swollen gland on my left side under my ear! It is 10 days and still I have swollen gland. I had ultrasound and blood test which was negative! Now I think I have mumps because of the MMR vaccine because I am 100 percent sure it wasn't there before the vaccine!

Comment from: Deb, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I had mumps when I was young only on one side of face. It really wasn't bad. I guess I was around 7 or 8.

Comment from: Donnatella, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

Mumps = world of pain. I"m a 34 year old woman who had 3 doses MMR vaccine as a child. About a week back I thought I had a mild toothache, jaw hurting, etc., but dentist said everything was fine. Three days ago I quickly came down with a very sore throat which made it hard to swallow. Then overnight, fever as high as 42 degrees. I have earache, constant headache, huge glands in neck particularly just under ears were causing swelling to my neck and face. Paracetamol and ibuprofen bring my temperature down but do nothing for pain. I can't eat and it hurts to drink. I just want to sleep all the time. Nightmare!

Mumps - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with mumps?
Mumps - Treatment Question: What treatment did you receive for your mumps?
Mumps - Vaccine Experience Question: If you were born after 1956, have you had the vaccine for mumps (MMR vaccine)? Please share your experience.