Patient Comments: Mumps - Vaccine Experience

If you were born after 1956, have you had the vaccine for mumps (MMR vaccine)? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Pradeep, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I'm a 47-year-old man who had mumps about 10 years ago. Recently, three months ago, I had an MMR vaccination during a medical test for a job abroad. To my surprise, I have developed parotiditis, which showed symptoms like very marginal swelling on my left parotid, mild ear stuffiness, minimum pain in my testicles, and dryness of mouth. I don't know why I have these mump-like symptoms, even after the vaccination.

Mumps - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with mumps.
Mumps - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with mumps?
Mumps - Treatment Question: What treatment did you receive for your mumps?