Patient Comments: Mumps - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with mumps?

Comment from: DS, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I got mumps at the age of 13 and right now am 23. Before I got mumps my face was small and cute. But I got mumps and my face is bigger now. That time I was advised to take some leaves treatment. But I am not sure why face is still bigger. It really hurts lot... sometimes all used to tell me, my face is so bigger.

Comment from: Kelly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I am a 44 yr. old female who about 8 days ago started feeling jaw pain with swelling, ear ache on left side and fever. I went to my M.D. on the 5th day and was given an antibiotic. Three days later I was feeling even worse. Swollen face, no energy at all, neck pain, feeling feverish (even though I don't have a fever), and swollen, puffy eyes. The list is endless, today I gave blood to find out if it is the mumps. I was given my vaccination as a child and recently was given the MMR vaccination, and still I may have the mumps, I thought this virus was gone long ago. But I've been wrong before.

Mumps - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with mumps.
Mumps - Treatment Question: What treatment did you receive for your mumps?
Mumps - Vaccine Experience Question: If you were born after 1956, have you had the vaccine for mumps (MMR vaccine)? Please share your experience.