Mumps Virus Still Around
Mumps has not disappeared in the United States, and the MMR(measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is the best way to prevent the disease.
- Check your child's immunization record or contact the doctor to see whether your childhas already received the MMR vaccine.
- Get your child vaccinated on time; visit the immunization schedulerfor newborn to 6-year-old children.
- Remember that some older children and adults also need MMR vaccine; review the .
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of mumps.
- Report suspect mumps cases to your doctor right away.