GENERIC NAME: MULTIVITAMINS/IRON/FLUORIDE CHEWABLE TABLET - ORAL
WARNING: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6 years of age. Keep this product out of reach of children. If overdose occurs, get medical help right away or call a poison control center.
USES: This product is a combination of vitamins, iron, and fluoride. It is used by children to treat or prevent deficiency due to poor diet or low levels of fluoride in drinking water and other sources. Vitamins and iron are important building blocks of the body and help keep you in good health. Fluoride is used to prevent dental cavities.
HOW TO USE: Chew this medication thoroughly and swallow as directed by the doctor, usually once daily after brushing the teeth. If your child cannot safely chew and swallow this tablet, consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice.This medication is best taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. If stomach upset occurs, you may take this medication with food. Avoid taking antacids, dairy products, tea, or coffee within 2 hours before or after this medication because they will decrease its effectiveness.The fluoride in this chewable tablet can be absorbed directly into the teeth during and after chewing, as well as being absorbed into your body from your stomach. Therefore, it is best not to eat, drink, or rinse your mouth for 30 minutes after taking this product.Take this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Quick GuidePortion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your Diet
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.