Patient Comments: Multiple Sclerosis - Diagnosis

How was your multiple sclerosis diagnosed?

Comment from: policy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I was diagnosed with MS (multiple sclerosis) when I lost total sight in one eye from optic neuritis. I had an MRI which confirmed what I had suspected for years - I had MS. If you think you have it, seek another opinion if the doctor you see doesn't believe you. I went back to original doctor who still didn't think I had MS; until he saw the MRI. A small victory, since I was the one with MS and not the doctor. Get a second opinion, your instincts just might be right. It started out with numb hands, the doctor thought it was crimped spinal cord.

Comment from: melissawesley, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 10

Her multiple sclerosis was diagnosed with an MRI spinal tap and an optic eye exam.

Comment from: mhle, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 22

My 43 year old female friend loses her sight in her right eye, sometimes the left eye as well. She is very fatigued (she use to run half marathons), has nausea and headache. The doctor doesn"t think it is multiple sclerosis (MS), and ran tests to rule out a million other diseases. She had MRI done which shows nothing abnormal. She suffers daily and I don"t know what to do. I just have a feeling it is MS, she shows all the symptoms.

Multiple Sclerosis - Treatment Question: What treatment have you had for multiple sclerosis?
Multiple Sclerosis - Prognosis Question: What's the prognosis with your multiple sclerosis?