Patient Comments: Multiple Sclerosis - Prognosis

What's the prognosis with your multiple sclerosis?

Comment from: MeeMaw, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 20

My 33 year old daughter is currently on Tysabri, a once-a-month infusion that takes a few hours at the multiple sclerosis clinic. She is doing well. She seems to have no side effects from this drug, a great improvement from previous medications.

Comment from: Jeannie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis late in life. I had been tested many times and no doctor said I had MS! The technician that did my last MRI told me, after I questioned him, I had MS. The doctor put me on Avonex for 1year. The doctor took me off of it, now I am on Ampyra, and baclofen. Now I am 75 and going downhill for the last year! It is ok! I am not happy with the lack of balance, inability to walk more than a few steps etc., but at my age resting and reading, without feeling guilty is pretty nice!

Comment from: Len, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1996 but went many years knowing something was wrong. I started Avonex in 96, no problems; just hated the day after feeling. I've been on Copaxone since 2008 with no problems. I am still working, I work out 4-6 times weekly and about anything else I want too. The fatigue is my biggest symptom.

Comment from: Cheer Mom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis on 8/4/2004 at age 44. It looked as if I had a stroke because my face was drawn and I had slurred speech. Spinal type concluded MS. I spent a month in the hospital and had amnesia. I started Avonex and was on that until 2007 until a relapse, then Rebif; did nothing for me. The doctor started me on Tysabri and I have been on it since, along with baclofen. I still drive, but have spastic feet which causes left foot not to want to lift. Have some memory loss.

Multiple Sclerosis - Treatment Question: What treatment have you had for multiple sclerosis?
Multiple Sclerosis - Diagnosis Question: How was your multiple sclerosis diagnosed?