Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Table of Contents
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) facts
- Multiple sclerosis definition
- What is multiple sclerosis?
- What causes multiple sclerosis?
- What are the risk factors for developing multiple sclerosis?
- What are multiple sclerosis symptoms and signs?
- What are the different types of multiple sclerosis?
- How is multiple sclerosis diagnosed?
- What are multiple sclerosis treatment options?
- Multiple sclerosis medications
- What is the treatment for multiple sclerosis symptoms?
- What is the prognosis and life expectancy for multiple sclerosis?
- Is it possible to prevent multiple sclerosis?
- What research is being done on multiple sclerosis?
What are multiple sclerosis symptoms and signs?
Multiple sclerosis symptoms are dependent on the area of demyelination. Symptoms and signs of multiple sclerosis include:
- Visual changes, including loss of vision if the optic nerve has been affected
- A sensation or feeling of numbness, tingling, or weakness, and the weakness may be mild or severe enough to cause paralysis of one side of the body
- In some cases, individuals may develop incontinence or even an inability to empty their bladder.
- As multiple sclerosis progresses, some affected individuals are left with muscle spasticity, or an involuntary painful contraction of certain muscles. Continue Reading