Patient Comments: MRSA - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with MRSA.

Published: June 24

I woke one morning with an itchy area along my jaw line. Within four days it was large; it appeared to be a "pimple - gone BAD!" It was too sore to touch or try to pop. I saw the doctor on day 5. He numbed the area, opened and drained the sore and took a sample. Due to my sensitivity to sulfa-based drugs, he prescribed Ciprodex for 10 days. That, with the several follow up appointments, changed packing and dressing, has cleared up my MRSA infection. It is now day 18, and there is a slight hardness to the area, a very small scab and an indentation in my face. I'm so glad I intervened.

Comment from: SRM, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

I have read about people having good success with MRSA using essential oil, internally (lemongrass and Thieves oil in gel capsules) as well as topically (lemongrass, tea tree oil, oregano, Thieves, and frankincense in rotation). I hope that helps!

Comment from: jc, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

I recently had a total hip replacement but came out of the procedure with MRSA infection of the right hip.

Comment from: Traci, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

The first time going to the doctor I was diagnosed with impetigo and was on a wash and antibiotics and ointment. I was not getting better so went back to the doctor a week later and now he has me on clindamycin topical solution to clear the MRSA up.

Comment from: Marie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I have Lupus and scheduled to have a full hip replacement. In the pre-operation blood test, MRSA showed positive.

Comment from: Asl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

I know I have mrsa, large pus filled boils on legs and back. I am very sick and doctor doesn't know anything about mrsa. I had to make her wear gloves to examine me. I feel I may be dying, have been trying to get help for a month.

Comment from: Christy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I lived with MRSA for a decade. the symptoms began as skin lesions that later escalated into ongoing pneumonia.I went un diagnosed for many years this destroyed. my immune system the MRSA traveled from skin to lungs affecting. the heart and kidneys and ending up in my brain this damaged the left side and also destroyed. my hearing. ICU saved me after ten years of agonizing misdiagnosis I'm glad not to be part of the staph death toll.

Comment from: ,o,skid, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: June 10

My mom was diagnosed with MRSA when she was hospitalized for a radical double mastectomy. The diagnosed it by taking swabs of her nasal passages. After being put on the antibiotic, which she used religiously, she got a staph infection in the incisions from the surgery. She is a dialysis patient - has been for a little over 3 years. About 8 months ago, they had difficulty getting the fistula for the dialysis to work and they sent her to the hospital. She was admitted for a procedure to unclog the fistula, place a stent and place a couple of balloons up there as well. She was put into an isolation room with no telephone or bathroom. She was told it was because of her history of MRSA. Why not do the rapid test and see if she is carrying it? It was very demeaning for her to have to call and have a porta-potty brought in - to say nothing about the lack of privacy. And when she wanted to use a phone, we had to go out and find one from a nurse. Is it always going to be this way when she is admitted to a hospital now? She hates the isolation rooms because they are primitive!

MRSA -Treatment Question: How was your MRSA treated?
MRSA - Prevention Question: What methods do you use to prevent the spread of MRSA?