Patient Comments: MRSA -Treatment

Question:How was your MRSA treated?

Comment from: DISTRESSED, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

My MRSA went on untreated the first time and within 5 days it went from size of a blueberry all the way into a huge puss filled boil about the size of a golf ball! I waited for it to burst on its own which was dangerous and dumb and made it also spread to couple other parts of my body recently. I went in to the Doctors this time and they didn't have to lance it because I went in immediately before it worsened, but they gave me a strong antibiotic I had to take 3 a day for 14 days and it worked.

Comment from: Magicman, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 03

A one-half inch bright red spot appeared on my arm overnight opposite my elbow. I thought it might be a recluse spider bite except that there was no sign of any punctures. The skin was sloughing and appeared to start to deteriorate. I immediately treated with melaleuca oil and DMSO. (dimethyl sulfoxide) The site is still slightly red after 3 weeks but no longer bright or infected. Melaleuca oil has proven to kill all forms of bacteria and even HIV. More people should use it--especially for burns. I treat my gums with the oil every night to prevent any possibility of abscesses, etc.

Comment from: Laureen, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I went to the doctor for strep and got amoxicillin and returned four days later because I was still running a fever and I still couldn't hold anything down or get out of bed. I was given a different antibiotic, cefdinir. The next day I noticed an unusual boil on my chest, and then one on my shoulder. I went back to the doctor, and was given rifampin and sulfameth/trimethoprim. I noticed the infections quickly and got them treated quickly and they cleared up. Now, almost a year later, I have another boil – wonderful... I hear so many terrible stories about MRSA and I'm worried about being a carrier for the rest of my life. I'm only 20 years old right now.

Comment from: cassymichelle, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I was admitted to the hospital when I was 11 years old, because I had contracted MRSA. But from what I've read about MRSA, mine was different. I never had pimple-like growths. My left hip was really sore. And it hurt to just stand. I was nauseated and weak. When I was finally admitted to the hospital I was rushed to a specialist. My mother says I almost died during this time. The doctors said I would never walk again and I hardly do.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

My doc gave me a capsule called Moxclav which is 1000mg. As soon as you feel that pimple caused by the MRSA, just take a tab of Moxclav. It will not let it grow.

MRSA - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with MRSA.
MRSA - Prevention Question: What methods do you use to prevent the spread of MRSA?