Patient Comments: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI Scan) - Diagnosis

Question:Please describe how magnetic resonance imaging (MRI scan) has helped in your diagnosis.

Comment from: mumu, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I have a stint in my kidney, I was passing kidney stones. The stint helps the stones to pass. I also have a mass in the abdominal cavity and was told to have an MRI, but was then told as long as the stint is in I cannot have the MRI to find out about the mass in my abdomen. I was informed that it will take 6-8 weeks recovery before I can have the MRI, my Doctor advised to have the mass removed as soon as possible, but needed the MRI to find out more about the mass before surgery.