Patient Comments: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI Scan) - Diagnosis

Question:Please describe how magnetic resonance imaging (MRI scan) has helped in your diagnosis.

Comment from: Sir Brutus, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 06

My MRI showed a lot of damage from a high impact fall six years ago that broke my neck, clavicle, and ribs. It also showed my compressed spinal cord. I have wasted muscles in my left shoulder and a lot of pain in my neck.

Comment from: SAM, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 13

I got the MRI scanning done to detect my back pain. The result of the MRI scanning said that i am 100 percent fit but I still have back pain.

Comment from: mumu, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I have a stint in my kidney, I was passing kidney stones. The stint helps the stones to pass. I also have a mass in the abdominal cavity and was told to have an MRI, but was then told as long as the stint is in I cannot have the MRI to find out about the mass in my abdomen. I was informed that it will take 6-8 weeks recovery before I can have the MRI, my Doctor advised to have the mass removed as soon as possible, but needed the MRI to find out more about the mass before surgery.