- Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow
- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Hepatitis C Slideshow Pictures
- What is moxifloxacin-oral, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for moxifloxacin-oral?
- Is moxifloxacin-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for moxifloxacin-oral?
- What are the side effects of moxifloxacin-oral?
- What is the dosage for moxifloxacin-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with moxifloxacin-oral?
- Is moxifloxacin-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about moxifloxacin-oral?
Is moxifloxacin-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
There are no adequate studies done on moxifloxacin to determine safe and effective use in pregnant women. It should only be used if clearly needed.
Moxifloxacin enters breast milk. Mothers should decide whether to stop breastfeeding or discontinue moxifloxacin.
What else should I know about moxifloxacin-oral?
What preparations of moxifloxacin-oral are available?
Tablets: 400 mg. Injection: 400 mg/250 ml
How should I keep moxifloxacin-oral stored?
Store moxifloxacin tablets between temperatures of 20 C to 25 C (68 F to 77 F).
REFERENCE: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuideSymptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.