Patient Comments: Motion Sickness - Causes

What was the cause of your case of motion sickness?

Comment from: rodney12, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 17

Driving is the worst for my motion sickness, (I loved to drive in the past) and planes.

Comment from: S, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I have gotten motion sickness while in an elevator and also on a merry-go-round. Also, while playing video games, and watching home made movies.

Comment from: always a driver, 45-54 Male Published: August 09

I only get motion sickness is certain types of automobiles. I believe something visual triggers it. It's most prevalent in cars with short windshields and I believe my relative height position has something to do with it. Reclining way back minimizes the sickness significantly.

Comment from: fonz's mum, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 11

My 7-year-old son had several bad attacks of motion sickness. He first says his eyes and head feel strange, then he gets very clammy, and before he is sick, his legs go numb and tingly. This lasts about 10 minutes.

Comment from: 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

I get motion sickness while riding a boat. If I have to stay inside the cabin its most certain that it will happen because of the associated smells. If I stay outside, stay cool, and in one spot I can do OK. If someone distracts me, and starts talking to me (which would involve me looking at them and then back at the horizon) I will usually get sick. So, I usually have to be rude and tell them that I can't talk because I will get sick. I have taken Dramamine, but it doesn't seem to help. Even taken two well in advance of riding the boat. I haven't tried the patch yet.

Comment from: 55-64 Female Published: November 05

I get motion sickness when I vacuum the floor, do certain yoga moves, look up or down for periods of time along with the most typical reasons. I can only relieve the nausea by sleeping for about 4 hours.

Comment from: motion sickness, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I get motion sickness when I work on a stability ball in the gym.

Comment from: lena, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 09

When I play video games or watch homemade videos with fast movement on TV I get headaches and nausea also a bit dizzy is that motion sickness and if so can it be treated.

Comment from: Yoloreader12, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I get motion sickness in the car on road trips. My symptoms are nausea and headache. Sometimes trying to focus on one area out the window, like a tree helps.

Motion Sickness - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with motion sickness?
Motion Sickness - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you found to be effective in treating motion sickness?
Motion Sickness - Medications Question: What OTC or prescription medications have you found helpful in treating motion sickness?
Motion Sickness - Prevention Question: What actions do you take to prevent motion sickness?