Patient Comments: Motion Sickness - Symptoms

Besides the obvious, what are your main symptoms associated with motion sickness?

Comment from: Emma, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

Besides nausea, I have heart palpitations, sweating first in palms, then armpits, then everywhere.

Comment from: Emma, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I get nauseous from air fresheners, amusement park rides, boats, as a passenger in car or bus, when taking off and landing in plane and especially in turbulence. I also get very sick from anesthesia.

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 11

I have travel sickness whenever I travel in cars and vans. It seems like I get it mainly when I'm going for a long trip that involves hills. I don't like the smell of car freshener – it makes me sick. The thing that I've learned from traveling is to not sit quietly. When you're on a big bus, talk with someone or get up and walk in the bus – it makes me feel better.

Motion Sickness - Causes Question: What was the cause of your case of motion sickness?
Motion Sickness - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with motion sickness?
Motion Sickness - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you found to be effective in treating motion sickness?
Motion Sickness - Medications Question: What OTC or prescription medications have you found helpful in treating motion sickness?
Motion Sickness - Prevention Question: What actions do you take to prevent motion sickness?
Motion Sickness - Worst Case Ever Question: Describe your worst case of motion sickness.