Patient Comments: Mold - Where Can it be Found?

Describe where in your home mold was discovered.

Comment from: thesterlinglady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

We just discovered a severe mold problem under our kitchen sink after removing the entire bottom board. We kept smelling it and tried to bleach it several times even painting it. So when the board was removed the entire bottom of the foundation and the cupboards are covered in live growing green and black mold. Our landlord is supposed to have it fixed tomorrow but we wonder if we should still be staying here till then. They will put us up for one night but I"m worried about right now and if it"s safe to even be in here.

Comment from: chezmay 57, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

A few months ago we moved into a house which we later were told had been seriously flooded. It appeared the house had been refurbished since the floods so I wasn't concerned about it until I developed a bad case of bronchitis. I saw the doctor several times and was prescribed antibiotics but the cough wouldn't go away. My husband and foster son both had persistent coughs too. After 16 weeks of chronic illness, headaches cough, sinusitis, runny noses, itchy eyes etc. we moved out and discovered the backs of bedheads were covered in mold. I went back to the doctor who has then agreed with me that it is the mold that is causing our respiratory problems. We're still trying to get better but at least we've moved away from the source.

Comment from: Sany, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 21

I have found brown mold on the inside of the window sill in our basement, a thick layer of it.

Mold - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with mold.
Mold - Prevention Question: What steps do you take to prevent mold in your home?
Mold - Cleaning Up Question: Do you have any tips for cleaning up or eliminating mold?