Patient Comments: Mold - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with mold.

Comment from: countrylady10, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

My husband has been having diarrhea and nausea and he has been at home since he is retired. I have found places with mold and cleaned them up. However the other day I was at home for 3 straight days and I started with the nausea and vomiting. I wonder if this is mold poisoning.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Lesley henry, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

I was using some old horse hay that had been fully exposed to the elements for several months by hand-spreading it over an area that I had seeded and fertilized. The next day I could not get my nose to stop running, that night I was woken by a really bad headache, my sinuses were stuffed up and my fever went as high as 104 and I was a little nauseated. I went to the doctor, they diagnosed a sinus infection and prescribed amoxicillin clavulanate potassium. Perhaps I could have some kind of mold poisoning from the hay.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Patricia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I moved house in the beginning of 2015. All my symptoms started on the same time. In the beginning I thought it was due to winter, as I'm living abroad in a colder country. But after some months, same rhinitis and sinus infections, flu-like symptoms, and getting worse, and everything. I stayed away and got back to the house, and I started new symptoms; skin rashes around the eyes, increasing nausea (especially when drinking alcohol), diarrhea, fatigue, and weight loss. General physicians can't figure it out by my blood tests only the immune system looks like it is fighting something; but I can, it is mold allergy, illness! The moist smell and the old aspect of the house, I don't think twice. At the moment I am trying to move house.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Kimberly K., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I have just moved from an apartment I lived in for 2 years. While I was there I became very ill and began breaking out in a rash and some kind of a fungus. Upon going to the doctor and moving, my symptoms were very bad cough, bloody nose, throat swelling, running nose, unable to hold food down, loose stools, memory loss, and many more mold related issues. I am being treated by my doctor now but still feel that he is not getting it.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Kat, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 29

I work in home help care. I have noticed that the wall above his shower is black. I am concerned. He is a triple amputee and after his shower I get him ready. I noticed my nose running and I am sneezing like crazy. I have had to stay there for a couple of days and came home sick with coughing and nausea.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Ron Johnson SEO-CEO-, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 13

My future wife and I, family and all the residents of our condominium have been breathing toxic air for years. I have live here for 4 months and have never been or felt so sick from this building. This building has black mold, asbestos and termite infestation. I have reported to the state, county, and the city officials, 3 weeks ago. I still haven't see anybody helping us.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Katz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I recently moved into a new apartment and had a leak under the sink in the kitchen. They fixed the leak only to find that it still leaked. Finally it is fixed and I can still smell the scent of water. I have been having severe headaches and aches all over my body. I had a series of blood tests and nothing but high B 12 in my blood.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Mold - Location in Home Question: Describe where you found mold in your home.
Mold - Prevention Question: What do you do to prevent mold in your home?
Mold - Cleaning Up Question: Do you have any tips for cleaning up or eliminating mold?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.


Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors