Patient Comments: Mold - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with mold.

Comment from: Kahlistarr21, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

I am a tenant, my landlord and maintenance man will not clean up my apartment. I am suffering from mold poisoning, I reported it several times and sent a letter to my landlord. Still nothing was done, I am disabled and can't afford to move. I am trying to find the best vitamins, and herbal ways that are not too expensive.

Comment from: Jan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I got stung by a stingray 9 days ago on Catalina Island. It felt like a hot ice pick into the top of my foot. I knew what it was immediately. It bled profusely and I read that the ray also injects an anticoagulant with the venom. The hot water soak for 1.5 hours helped immensely with the pain that was shooting from my foot up my leg, and after letting it bleed some, pressure stopped it right away. I sent a photo to a doctor and he prescribed 500 mg of Keflex 4 times per day. I also got Hibiclens antibacterial skin wash hoping to avoid secondary infection. The barb was not left in my foot and I hope no debris since I was hiking on an island and didn't have professional cleansing of the 1.5 inch wound. Being an avid, swimmer, diver, and surfer for 65 years, and never being stung is pretty good I guess. It's now itching like crazy! I see that others mentioned this too.

Comment from: countrylady10, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

My husband has been having diarrhea and nausea and he has been at home since he is retired. I have found places with mold and cleaned them up. However the other day I was at home for 3 straight days and I started with the nausea and vomiting. I wonder if this is mold poisoning.

Comment from: Lesley henry, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

I was using some old horse hay that had been fully exposed to the elements for several months by hand-spreading it over an area that I had seeded and fertilized. The next day I could not get my nose to stop running, that night I was woken by a really bad headache, my sinuses were stuffed up and my fever went as high as 104 and I was a little nauseated. I went to the doctor, they diagnosed a sinus infection and prescribed amoxicillin clavulanate potassium. Perhaps I could have some kind of mold poisoning from the hay.

Comment from: Patricia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I moved house in the beginning of 2015. All my symptoms started on the same time. In the beginning I thought it was due to winter, as I'm living abroad in a colder country. But after some months, same rhinitis and sinus infections, flu-like symptoms, and getting worse, and everything. I stayed away and got back to the house, and I started new symptoms; skin rashes around the eyes, increasing nausea (especially when drinking alcohol), diarrhea, fatigue, and weight loss. General physicians can't figure it out by my blood tests only the immune system looks like it is fighting something; but I can, it is mold allergy, illness! The moist smell and the old aspect of the house, I don't think twice. At the moment I am trying to move house.

Comment from: Ray P, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

Bleach does not really kill mold, it mostly changes the color from black to what looks clear. Borax mixed in water is more effective. Mold likes a low pH, whereas borax has a high pH.

Mold - Location in Home Question: Describe where you found mold in your home.
Mold - Prevention Question: What do you do to prevent mold in your home?
Mold - Cleaning Up Question: Do you have any tips for cleaning up or eliminating mold?