Patient Comments: Mold - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with mold.

Comment from: Beader, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

Two years ago, there were nodules present in a CT scan, but I was not told at the time. In the first part of November, I had to go the same E.R. for shortness of breath and coughing, hands and legs and ankles swelling. This time I was told of the nodules. In two years they had grown from a 5mm to a 13mm in size. They did a P.E.T. scan and it showed positive for solution going into the nodules. There was another nodule behind my heart and multiple others, smaller in size. The doctor wasn't sure if it was Cancer or not, so he de did the biopsy and it turned out to be BLACK MOLD POISIONING! So, he had to remove my lower lobe of my lung and go into my throat and behind my heart and then remove that one and then get the rest. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS! I knew my basement was wet and did all kinds of stuff to stop it, but just NOW finally stopped it after living in the mold for eleven years. PLEASE, if your house smells musty and your basement gets wet. Go to extreme measures to get the problem solved. This was a very scary and PAINFUL surgery. I am doing very good and hope to be released to go back to work next week! Praise the Lord!

Comment from: Tonya, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

My daughter believes mold is in her car. She is throwing up blood. I wonder if that could be a side effect. She went to the doctor last week, she was blowing her nose and blood came out. She was treated for sinus congestion.

Comment from: sissiso, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I was exposed to black mold after my septic tank backed up. After using Clorox by the gallons for months, I moved while another home was built. It has been 6 years and my sinus issues have worsened in the last 3 years. I know my son's smoking has added to the problem, however the main issue now are holes in my nasal cavities and I will see an ENT and head surgeon this week. This is a miserable condition. I can smell mold and the smell of smoke drives me crazy. I am hoping they do not find cancer, since there is a large amount of blood in my nose all the time.

Comment from: jessy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

My apartment recently flooded. My landlord slowed around in the cleanup and they put in new carpet. It's been 2 months and now I'm having trouble sleeping, I have a cough and I had a cold I just couldn't seem to shake for about a month. I have a fever at the moment and I've started getting headaches. I suspect it is mold.

Comment from: dmo8647, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I have had a pile of mulch outside... wet underneath. I cannot handle myself so got help having it ground up. But the mold is still there and I"m coughing all the time for over a week. I have runny nose and aches and pains in shoulders and arms.

Comment from: Collette, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I had been suffering from mold sickness for years. The doctors kept bouncing me around from this person to that person. They gave me lots of different tests but none that confirmed that I had mold or toxins from the mold in my body. So I started to do my own research and found a clinic that specialized in this type of environmental illness. Needless to say, they treated me as a whole not basing their conclusions based just on my symptoms which could have been any number of things. It is 2 months later and I am feeling almost my normal self again. Until the doctors out there get of their high horse start listening to their patients and re-educate themselves on this subject, many people are going to remain sick, as long as that arrogance and ignorance is continued to be permitted by the medical profession.

Comment from: SandyB, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

Hello and mold problems began in the 60's after the ER doctor told me I would have been dead within the hour from an allergy. He asked what I had been doing and I told him riding a horse when the attack of not breathing properly began. He told me not to do it again or I could die and get to an allergist ASAP. He gave me some little white pills to put under my tongue until the allergist could get the problem under control. I have shots through the years. Until last year I had no attacks at all and a violent attack. Thank God one of the allergist told me never to be without Benadryl ever in my life in case of an attack. I am so happy I listened and was never without Benadryl. It saved my life. Now after a year of shots I had another awful attack with throat closing and throwing up. The doctors, family and allergists had me keep an EpiPen near me at all times and thank God also Benadryl. It appears tea is a big mold issue as I was always drinking tea when the attacks happened but I never suspected black tea. Then I read about mold on black tea leaves and it all made a pattern over the last 59 years. Mold always proved to be the offended with allergy tests etc. So now I am better not ever touching tea again. I drank about 5 cups of hot tea a day plus iced tea. So the allergist told me another year of shots for mold recently. Thank you for this site.

Mold - Location in Home Question: Describe where you found mold in your home.
Mold - Prevention Question: What do you do to prevent mold in your home?
Mold - Cleaning Up Question: Do you have any tips for cleaning up or eliminating mold?