Patient Comments: Mohs Surgery - Surgery Result

Did your surgery result in a scar? Please describe your experience.

Comment from: Diana Texas, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I had Mohs surgery 5 weeks ago on my chin and leg. It was a little more traumatic than I expected at the time. I had a small basal cell on my face which healed quickly, the one on my leg although only looked like an insect bite, the roots had spread, and after four attempts my surgeon got it all. The area was large so she did a skin flap. It is incredible now just a long scar. I am using Bio Oil, a South African brand used in England for many years for scars, available in Walgreens. The oil keeps the scar supple.

Comment from: kimsteen, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 18

Almost 2 years ago I had Mohs surgery on my forehead right at the hairline, also on my arm. The scars are practically invisible. The big problem is that nerves were cut under my scalp, and every day I get strange sensations like hundreds of bugs running beneath my scalp. I also get sudden pain which makes me stop and grab my head. The pain goes from the forehead to the crown of my head. Shampooing my hair is difficult. I had only 5 minutes to read the authorization letter prior to surgery, enough time to read the 1st paragraph. If I had known about nerve damage I would not have had the surgery. I was scheduled for 2 more forehead surgeries but I refused them.

Mohs Surgery - Experience Question: Did you undergo Mohs surgery? Please share your experience.