Patient Comments: Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) - Diagnosis

How was your mitral valve prolapse (MVP) diagnosed?

Comment from: Kim, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I was diagnosed in 2003 with mitral valve prolapse after having severe palpitations on a daily basis. I suffer from extreme fatigue and have anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. I cannot lie on my left side due to severe stabbing/crushing pains and I get a pinching sensation at different times. I faint easily and have to watch my diet and exercise. Caffeine and eating junk food seems to make things worse so I am very careful. I maintain a healthy weight and I enjoy running, biking, kickboxing and being active. I do require a lot of rest and relaxation and have to keep my stress levels in check. I take to Toprol and Prozac.

Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) - Symptoms Question: For mitral valve prolapse (MVP), what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Mitral Valve Prolapse - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your mitral valve prolapse (MVP)?