mitotane - oral, Lysodren
GENERIC NAME: MITOTANE - ORAL (MYE-toe-tane)
BRAND NAME(S): Lysodren
WARNING: Mitotane causes your body to decrease its ability to quickly respond to stress (shock, severe injury, or infection). Mitotane may need to be stopped if you experience an injury, infection, or other stress. Your doctor may also prescribe another medication (corticosteroid).
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/16/2014
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions