- Adult Acne Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Acne (Pimples) Quiz!
- Helping Your Teen With Acne Slideshow Pictures
- What brand names are available for minocycline-oral?
- Is minocycline-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for minocycline-oral?
- What are the uses for minocycline-oral?
- What are the side effects of minocycline-oral?
- What is the dosage for minocycline-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with minocycline-oral?
- Is minocycline-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about minocycline-oral?
What brand names are available for minocycline-oral?
Dynacin, Minocin, Solodyn
Is minocycline-oral available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Do I need a prescription for minocycline-oral?
What are the uses for minocycline-oral?
Minocycline immediate-release tablets and capsules are used for infections caused by Mycoplasma pneumonia, Chlamydia trachomatis, Borrelia recurrentis, Yersinia pestis, Escherichia coli, Enterobacter aerogenes, Shigella species, Acinetobacter species, respiratory tract infections caused by Haemophilus influenza and Streptococcus pneumoniae, and respiratory tract and urinary tract infections caused by Klebsiella species. Minocycline extended-release tablets are used to treat inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate-to-severe acne vulgaris. Minocycline is used for treating Rocky Mountain spotted fever, typhus and other infections caused by the typhus group of bacteria, Q fever, rickettsialpox and tick fevers caused by rickettsiae.
What are the side effects of minocycline-oral?
Side effects of minocycline are:
- tooth discoloration, and
- reduced bone development in children.
Quick GuideAdult Acne (Pimples) Causes and Treatments
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.