Patient Comments: Migraine - Relief

Do self-care measures give you relief from your migraine headaches? What do you do?

Comment from: ashtonbob, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I grew up with migraines through most of my youth. My parents were in the military and both in the medical field. I had access to hospitals and a lot of testing. To try to relieve my incredible pain my mother used to give me Fiorinal. For temporary pain relief I believe a hot shower running on your head can be very beneficial. Someone applying warm wash cloths to your forehead can do wonders. This must be done again and again though as you need to be able to sit back in a recliner and do nothing but feel the heat and try to just daze off. After a continuous flow of about 20, 30 or 40 wash clothes this should provide some much needed relief.

Migraine - Triggers Question: What are your migraine headache triggers?
Migraine - Symptoms Question: What migraine headache symptoms do you experience?
Migraine - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment do you get for your migraines? Does it help?
Migraine Headache - Causes Question: Discuss the triggers for your migraine headaches.