Patient Comments: Migraine - Triggers

What are your migraine headache triggers?

Comment from: Anneksksk, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

Everything is a migraine trigger; barometric pressure - heavy cloud coverage, sinus problems, too much stress, eye strain, certain foods. And I get both cluster and ocular migraines. I am getting migraines on a regular basis. Sometimes daily. I cannot seem to find relief. Tried triptans oral and injection - make me feel very sick and they do not get rid of the pain. Butalbital works sometimes, but when it does not I end up in the emergency room (ER) to get pain relief. ER trips may happen 3 to 4 times a year. I have been getting migraine headaches since I was 12. I am now in my early 50s. I am trying to get in to see a new neurologist, the one I was seeing does not seem too concerned with my pain. I feel like he thinks I am wasting his time and he has cancelled my appointment with him twice.

Comment from: venus, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

My migraine headache triggers are processed foods of any kind, salty, sweet, mixed drinks and alcohol of any kind except Pinot Noir, aged cheese, stress and anxiety.

Migraine - Symptoms Question: What migraine headache symptoms do you experience?
Migraine - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment do you get for your migraines? Does it help?
Migraine - Relief Question: Do self-care measures give you relief from your migraine headaches? What do you do?