Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are accompanies to sensitivity to light, sounds, and smells. They are often associated with nausea and vomiting. Migraines may be triggered by certain foods, dehydration, changes in barometric pressure, stress, and other phenomenon. Migraines are diagnosed by a doctor if the headache pattern fits established migraine headache criteria. Over-the-counter and prescription medications may be used in the acute treatment of migraines. Prescription blood pressure medications, anti-seizure medications, antidepressants, and supplements may be used to prevent migraines or reduce the frequency and severity of migraines. Lifestyle modification helps in migraine management. Many patients with migraines get relief from their condition by keeping a headache diary, identifying and avoiding triggers, and taking appropriate medication.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Vertigo is the sensation of spinning or rocking, even when someone is at rest. Vertigo may be caused by a problem in the brain or...learn more »
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...learn more »
In This Article
- Diarrhea facts
- What is diarrhea?
- What is the definition of diarrhea?
- What symptoms are associated with diarrhea?
- What are common causes of acute diarrhea?
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Bacterial enterocolitis
- Food poisoning
- What are common causes of chronic diarrhea?
- What kind of a doctor treats diarrhea?
- When should the doctor be called for diarrhea?
- How is the cause of diarrhea diagnosed?
- What home remedies help the symptoms of diarrhea?
- What medications are used to treat diarrhea?
- When should antibiotics be used for diarrhea?
- What are the complications of diarrhea?
- How can dehydration be prevented and treated?
- What about treatment of diarrhea in infants and young children?
- What about treating diarrhea in older children and adults?
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....learn more »
Dizziness is a symptom that is often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of...learn more »
In This Article
- Dizziness facts
- Introduction to dizziness (feeling dizzy)
- What are some common causes of dizziness?
- Low blood pressure
- Postural or orthostatic hypotension
- High blood pressure
- Endocrine diseases
- Heart conditions
- Vasovagal syncope
- Dizziness and vertigo
- What are the symptoms experienced when a person feels dizzy?
- When should I call the doctor for dizziness?
- How is dizziness diagnosed?
- How is vertigo diagnosed?
- How is dizziness treated?
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...learn more »
In This Article
- Dehydration facts
- What is dehydration?
- What causes dehydration?
- Dehydration pictures
- What are the signs and symptoms of dehydration?
- What about dehydration in children?
- How is dehydration diagnosed?
- How is dehydration treated?
- Can I treat dehydration at home?
- What are the complications of dehydration?
- Can dehydration be prevented?
Sinus headache is caused by a sinus infection or inflammation of the sinus cavities. Symptoms of a sinus headache include pain,...learn more »