- What is MSM (methylsulfonylmethane ), and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- Where can I buy MSM supplements?
- What are the uses for MSM herbal supplements?
- What are the side effects of MSM supplements?
- What doses of MSM supplements are available? How should I take them?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with MSM?
- Are MSM supplements safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What other names are used for MSM (brands)?
- What else should I know about MSM supplements?
What doses of MSM supplements are available? How should I take them?
- Typical doses adult dosages range from 500 to 8,000 mg.
- MSM supplements may be taken daily with or after meals.
Which drugs or supplements interact with MSM?
There are no drug interactions listed for methylsulfonylmethane.
Are MSM supplements safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Use of MSM during pregnancy has not been adequately evaluated.
- It is not known whether MSM is excreted in breast milk.
What other names are used for MSM (brands)?
Doctor's Best MSM, Natures Way MSM, and Now Foods MSM are brand names available for MSM.
Quick GuidePortion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your Diet
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.