methyl salicylate & menthol-topical Index
Menthol and methylsalicylate (Bengay, Icy Hot, Mentholatum D, Salonpas) is a medication used to treatment of minor aches and joint pain due to arthritis, sprains, strains, bruises, and backaches. Side effects, drug interactions, warnings and precautions, and dosage information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
Nosebleed is common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. Individual taking blood...learn more »
In This Article
- Nosebleed facts
- What causes nosebleeds?
- How do you stop the common nosebleed?
- How do you prevent the nose from bleeding again?
- What if a person has frequent nosebleeds?
- What precautions can you take to prevent nose bleeding?
- When should you call your doctor
or go to an emergency room for a nosebleed?
- What should I do if the doctor has placed nasal packs?
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...learn more »
In This Article
- Arthritis facts
- What is arthritis?
- How many types of arthritis exist?
- What causes arthritis?
- What are risk factors for arthritis?
- What are arthritis symptoms and signs?
- Who is affected by arthritis?
- How do
health-care professionals diagnose arthritis? Why is a diagnosis important?
- Is there an arthritis diet?
- Are there foods to avoid when you have arthritis?
- What is the treatment for arthritis?
- What are the prognosis (outlook) for arthritis, and what are arthritis complications?
- Is it possible to prevent arthritis?
- What is a rheumatologist, and what specialties of doctors treat arthritis?
- What is the Arthritis Foundation?
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...learn more »