- Psoriasis Slideshow: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
- Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moderate to Severe Forms of Psoriasis Slideshow
- What is methoxsalen-topical, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for methoxsalen-topical?
- Is methoxsalen-topical available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for methoxsalen-topical?
- What are the uses for methoxsalen-topical?
- What are the side effects of methoxsalen-topical?
- What is the dosage for methoxsalen-topical?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with methoxsalen-topical?
- Is methoxsalen-topical safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about methoxsalen-topical?
Is methoxsalen-topical safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Methoxsalen lotion has not been studied in pregnant women and it is not known whether methoxsalen can harm the fetus when used by a pregnant woman. It is not known whether methoxsalen is absorbed into the blood stream when it is applied to the skin. Methoxsalen lotion should be used in pregnant women only when clearly needed.
- It is not known whether methoxsalen is excreted in human milk after it is applied to the skin.
What else should I know about methoxsalen-topical?
What preparations of methoxsalen-topical are available?
How should I keep methoxsalen-topical stored?
Methoxsalen lotion should be stored at 15 to 30 C (59 to 86 F)
REFERENCE: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuidePsoriasis Types, Images, Treatments
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.