- What is methoxsalen-oral, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for methoxsalen-oral?
- Is methoxsalen-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for methoxsalen-oral?
- What are the uses for methoxsalen-oral?
- What are the side effects of methoxsalen-oral?
- What is the dosage for methoxsalen-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with methoxsalen-oral?
- Is methoxsalen-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about methoxsalen-oral?
Is methoxsalen-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Methoxsalen has not been adequately studied in pregnant women. Animal data suggest that methoxsalen can harm the fetus when used by a pregnant woman. Women of childbearing potential should be advised to avoid becoming pregnant.
- It is not known whether methoxsalen is excreted in human milk.
What else should I know about methoxsalen-oral?
What preparations of methoxsalen-oral are available?
Capsule: 10 mg
How should I keep methoxsalen-oral stored?
Methoxsalen should be stored at 15 C to 30 C (59 F to 86 F)
REFERENCE: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuideRingworm: Treatment, Pictures, Causes, and Symptoms
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.