Patient Comments: Metabolic Syndrome - Symptoms

Question:What were your symptoms of metabolic syndrome, and what medical conditions were associated with it?

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I am pre-diabetic and weigh in the mid 130s. I have high cholesterol (recent reading 308). My weight to height ratio is 52. I followed a blood sugar solution diet and lost 13 lbs. Still, my weight was above the 50% ratio. I have avoided grains and starchy vegetables and am trying to eat some in a very limited capacity as I feel hungry when I just have salad, veggies and protein. I am restricted on fruit as well. I look normal but am thick through the midriff.

Metabolic Syndrome - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective for metabolic syndrome.
Metabolic Syndrome - Cosmetic Surgery Question: Did you have a cosmetic procedure to remove fat? Please discuss your experience.
Metabolic Syndrome - Diet Question: Have you tried a special diet(s), including the popular Mediterranean diet? Please share your experience.