Patient Comments: Mesothelioma - Signs and Symptoms

What were the symptoms of mesothelioma in you or a relative?

Comment from: jg, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I had no symptoms with mesothelioma. I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in April 2012. When I had C-Scan, 3 spots showed up by my bladder. After receiving 6 poison cocktail (chemotherapy) and 25 glow treatments (radiation) I got another scan Feb 2013 and the 3 spots were still there. Non-Hodgkin's was in remission but had biopsy and results were mesothelioma of the peritoneal region. I was operated on and had 2 types of chemotherapy. My doctor says they got all cancer tumors. The doctor thinks I was exposed in the 1980"s. My mesothelioma was not related to my non-Hodgkin's but if it wasn't for the non-Hodgkin's I would have never known I had the mesothelioma.

Mesothelioma - Asbestos Exposure Question: If you or a relative has/had mesothelioma, did you/they have a history of working with asbestos?
Mesothelioma - How it's Diagnosed Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of mesothelioma in you or a loved one.
Mesothelioma - Treatment Question: What kinds of medical treatment have you received for mesothelioma?