What other names is Mesoglycan known by?
Aortic GAGs, Aortic Glycosaminoglycans, Glycosaminoglycans, Glycosaminoglycanes, Glycosaminoglycannes, Heparinoid Fraction, Heparinoids, Héparinoïdes, Mesoglicano, Mésoglycane, Mucopolysaccharide, Sulfomucopolysaccharide.
What is Mesoglycan?
Mesoglycan is a substance obtained from cow lung or blood vessels (aorta), or pig intestine.
Possibly Effective for...
- Treating poor circulation that can lead to varicose veins and other conditions.
- Treating leg ulcers.
- Reducing blood levels of certain fats called triglycerides.
- Reducing pain when walking in people with a disease called peripheral arterial disease.
- Improving thinking and quality of life in people with limited blood flow to the brain (cerebrovascular disease).
Possibly Ineffective for...
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Hemorrhoids, atherosclerosis (a type of heart disease), inflammation of blood vessels (vasculitis), and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).