- Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow
- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Hepatitis C Pictures Slideshow
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) facts
- What is Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)?
- What causes MERS? How is MERS transmitted?
- What are risk factors for MERS-CoV infection?
- What are MERS symptoms and signs?
- How is MERS-CoV diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for MERS-CoV?
- What is the prognosis of MERS?
- Is it possible to prevent MERS?
- Is there a vaccine for MERS-CoV?
- Where can people get more information about MERS-CoV?
Is there a vaccine for MERS-CoV?
Development of a vaccine remains in clinical trial stages. No vaccine is commercially available at the time of writing.
Where can people get more information about MERS-CoV?
Information on MERS-CoV may be obtained from the CDC at http://www.cdc.gov/
coronavirus/mers/faq.html or the World Health Organization at http://www.who.int/csr/disease/
Medically reviewed by Robert Cox, MD; American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Infectious Disease
Switzerland. World Health Organization. "Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV): Summary of Current Situation, Literature Update and Risk Assessment -- as of 5 February 2015.” Feb. 5, 2015. <http://www.who.int/csr/disease/coronavirus_infections/
Switzerland. World Health Organization. "Update on MERS-CoV Transmission From Animals to Humans, and Interim Recommendations for At-Risk Groups." June 13, 2014. <http://www.who.int/csr/disease/coronavirus_infections/MERS_CoV_RA_20140613.pdf?ua=1>.
United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)." July 22, 2013. <http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/mers/faq.html>.
United States. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. "Emergency Preparedness and Response." Sept. 26, 2013. <http://www.fda.gov/EmergencyPreparedness/Counterterrorism/ucm182568.htm>.
United States. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. "Novel Coronavirus 2012 Real-Time RT-PCR Assay." June 3, 2013. <http://www.fda.gov/downloads/MedicalDevices/Safety/EmergencySituations/UCM355572.pdf>.