Patient Comments: Mercury Poisoning - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your mercury poisoning?

Comment from: SueB, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 20

I dropped from 0.1 to 0.05 mg on my estrogen patch and the costochondritis pain went away within the week. Prior to that I got some relief from posture support straps, not doing too much lifting or strenuous arm activity. NSAIDs were causing me stomach pain so I tried turmeric as a natural remedy and I believe that helped some too.

Comment from: hey jude, 3-6 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

I was given Augmentin for sinus infection, to be taken for 14 days. After 10 days it was affecting my stomach. And now, 5 days later I'm still suffering; sick stomach and acid reflux. Nasty stuff for me.

Comment from: catwoman, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I worked in a dental office for 15 years and I mixed the amalgam fillings, breathed the vapors as the dentist drilled, etc. I got very ill when about 29 or 30 years old. I lost a lot of weight, had horrible anxiety attacks 24 hours a day, fatigue, depression, skin rashes, unable to cope, and suicidal. It ruined my life and my family's life. I had 2 pregnancies during the time I worked as a dental assistant and both of my children have nervous problems. My immune system is damaged from the mercury also. If I get sick I am down for a long time. It's been a nightmare for 30 years now but I am doing better in a lot of ways.

Comment from: sparkmonkey, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 19

Back in the 1980s I was in the service. One of my jobs was to change out thousands of florescent light bulbs and we disposed of them by smashing them so they would fit in the dumpster. Every day for a couple weeks I would be covered in the white powder from all the broken tubes, it was almost like a fog there was so much of it in the air. We also used mercury to clean certain instruments. This was simply mercury in a pan and we used an acid brush to clean off the excess mercury. Any spills were simply picked up with a vacuum. Here it is 25 years later and I have a destroyed thyroid, hair loss, bone issues, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), memory issues, chronic headaches 24/7, and insomnia. I wonder if there is a way to test if the root cause of this was the exposure that happened back in the 1980s.

Comment from: bebo, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

So why don"t you have a listing for poisoning from amalgam fillings? It took me 4 years to figure out why I was going into anaphylactic shock every week and that it was due to a mercury filling hiding in my back upper teeth for maybe 15 years. It"s been out of me for about 3 months and I still have chest pain, redness and pain in my cheeks, sore throat, major sinus problems and I"m allergic to many things.

Comment from: Bella, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

With mercury poisoning I experienced the worst headaches you can imagine and very angry rashes from my neck down as well as my kidney and stomach being poisoned.

Comment from: Grace, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I had six silver fillings that were causing skin eruptions. Also, I was apparently, exposed to lead paint. The two are worse together. I've been detoxing/chelating for a year with DMSA, but the mercury did not decrease as quickly as the lead. Then, I started taking Chlorella, which is basically algae, which can be purchased at the health food store as tablets. The algae bonds with mercury and releases it from the tissues. This is working and is inexpensive.

Mercury Poisoning - Treatment Question: What treatment did you receive for your mercury poisoning?
Mercury Poisoning - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with mercury poisoning.