Patient Comments: Meralgia Paresthetica - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your meralgia paresthetica?

Comment from: David, Male (Patient) Published: July 02

I had thyroid surgery. The next day I noticed numbness in my right thigh. I told my surgeon and he said he hasn't heard of any such thing. I have sense be diagnosed with Meralgia paresthetica. I was wondering if this could have happened as a result of being strapped down for surgery? Or any thing else could have caused this during surgery. Has any one had a similar instance?

Comment from: J, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I went outside to begin the spring cleanup in my garden. I could tell how out of shape I am, but thought I would get stronger each time I work. When I came in, I felt as though both of my big toes were separated from my feet. Then I experienced pain in the center of the ball of my right foot with pain in the right outside back of my right leg. It scared me. I wondered if I was having a stroke. I have been experiencing severe pain in the front left area of my pelvis, near my groin. I had no reason to think they went together. I do have stenosis of the spine, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, have had lower back surgery, and my tailbone is cracked. I have degenerating disks as well.