Patient Comments: Menstruation - Problems

Please describe the problems, both physical and mental, you experience with your period.

Comment from: roguepixi3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My period abruptly went away last month when I ran a 15km marathon. The same day it started it just stopped bleeding. I started using oral contraceptive pill the beginning of February. This month there was a very dark red/black lining that exited my body. I"m assuming that was last month's endometrial lining. This is the time period I should be menstruating, but I am not.

Comment from: Shane, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

After my menstruation, I always vomit, I don't know what's the reason.

Comment from: nancy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I came off my menstruation last week but when i wipe I still see blood and I am hurting in my left ovary and lower back.

Comment from: Worried14yr, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

Hi i'm fourteen, I tend to have a lot of not only physical but mental issues surrounding my period. During my period my depression tends to get worse, I tend to get clingy and I cry a lot. I throw up the beginning of my period, and I struggle with worsening of my juvenile athertis and headaches. I tend to get a lot of back aches. My mental stability gets worse also, I am more vulnerable. I'm worried, If anyone has any look into why this happens around that certain "time of the month" that would be great.

Menstruation - Your Period Question: Describe your typical menstrual period.
Menstruation - Age at First Period Question: How old were you when you started your period? Briefly, describe what that first experience was like.
Menstruation - When to See a Doctor Question: What motivated you to see a doctor about your period? Please discuss your experience.
Menstruation - Pads and Tampons Question: How often do you change your pad or tampon? Why do you prefer one over the other?