Patient Comments: Menstruation - Problems

Please describe the problems, both physical and mental, you experience with your period.

Comment from: SWATI, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

I am a 28 year old woman. I get normal periods of 3 to 4 days with sometimes big, sometimes not much cramps, but from past 1 year I have symptoms like very sensitive skin to touch (that sometimes lasts even after periods), and a bit numb body. I also have mood swings and sluggishness before periods. Without periods I get frequent urination and a bit of gas passing through urine. I sometimes have constipation or problem of having enough pressure to clear stools in one go, so sometimes I put lot of force on lower area to make stools pass. I have to go to the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day because bowel does not gets clear in one go. I think I have hurt my excretory tract, which is why I am getting gas passing from area of urination. I move very less and sometimes sleep during day and stay awake at night.

Comment from: jovai, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

The day before I have my menstruation, I vomit several times and perspire most of the time. I feel thirsty and my body gets too hot.

Comment from: desperate for help, Female (Patient) Published: August 27

My last period lasted 16 days. 16! I'm only 14 and I'm really confused. My flow was heavy and I would leak after 4 hours with a super tampon. Now two weeks later I have my period again! Is there something wrong with me!

Comment from: roguepixi3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My period abruptly went away last month when I ran a 15km marathon. The same day it started it just stopped bleeding. I started using oral contraceptive pill the beginning of February. This month there was a very dark red/black lining that exited my body. I"m assuming that was last month's endometrial lining. This is the time period I should be menstruating, but I am not.

Comment from: Emily, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

My problem is when it is time for my periods, my stomach will run and I will feel horrible.

Comment from: bella, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I am having irregular periods. I experience leg and abdomen cramps.

Comment from: Shane, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

After my menstruation, I always vomit, I don't know what's the reason.

Comment from: nancy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I came off my menstruation last week but when i wipe I still see blood and I am hurting in my left ovary and lower back.

Comment from: Worried14yr, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

Hi i'm fourteen, I tend to have a lot of not only physical but mental issues surrounding my period. During my period my depression tends to get worse, I tend to get clingy and I cry a lot. I throw up the beginning of my period, and I struggle with worsening of my juvenile athertis and headaches. I tend to get a lot of back aches. My mental stability gets worse also, I am more vulnerable. I'm worried, If anyone has any look into why this happens around that certain "time of the month" that would be great.

Menstruation - Your Period Question: Describe your typical menstrual period.
Menstruation - Age at First Period Question: How old were you when you started your period? Briefly, describe what that first experience was like.
Menstruation - When to See a Doctor Question: What motivated you to see a doctor about your period? Please discuss your experience.
Menstruation - Pads and Tampons Question: How often do you change your pad or tampon? Why do you prefer one over the other?