Patient Comments: Menstrual Cramps and PMS - Medication

What medications have you tried for menstrual cramps? What works, and what doesn't?

Comment from: Anna, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I am a medical administrative student. It has been 9 years since I have been experiencing PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome) and menstrual problems - mood disorders to severe cramps, vomiting, sweating, cephalagia and pain in my mid and lower back. Although, I have been trying my best to change my eating habits and use the right medicine (Midol works for me). I'm allergic to ibuprofen- makes me dizzy and increases my pain along with shortness of breath.

Menstrual Cramps and PMS - Symptoms Question: Describe your symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Menstrual Cramps and PMS - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment, including lifestyle changes, have helped you deal with PMS?
Menstrual Cramps and PMS - Experiences Question: At what age did you start to get cramps? Describe your history and experience with menstrual cramps.