Patient Comments: Menstrual Cramps - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your menstrual cramps?

Published: July 22

Every time I exercise about 2 weeks prior to actually getting my period, I get very bad cramps and if I exercise for more than 10 minutes, they get severe and don't stop till maybe 20-30 minutes after, sometimes more. Does that happen to any of you? I think I'm the only one this happens to.

Published: July 28

You are probably just ovulating- this happens midway through your cycle. When I ovulate, I tend to get pretty severe cramping on the side that the egg is coming from (so it alternates from month to month. I don't think it has anything to do with you exercizing. You should take some Aleve or something to minimize the pain.

Menstrual Cramps - Experiences Question: How often do you experience menstrual cramps?
Menstrual Cramps - Other Causes Question: Do foods, stress, daily activities or other factors worsen menstrual cramps? How do you manage and treat these other causes or triggers?
Menstrual Cramps - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms of your menstrual cramps.
Menstrual Cramps - Adolescent Girls Question: If you are under age 18, describe your experience with menstrual cramps.