- Take the Menopause Quiz
- Menopause and Perimenopause Slideshow
- Osteoporosis Slideshow Pictures
- Patient Comments: Menopause and Sex - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Menopause and Sex - Improve Sexual Function
- Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist in your town
Quick GuideMenopause and Sex Pictures Slideshow: 10 Ways to Deal With Menopause Symptoms
What are some ways to improve sexual function after menopause?
As discussed above, the use of hormone therapy or vaginal estrogen therapy can improve vaginal dryness and decrease any discomfort associated with sexual intercourse. Water-soluble lubricants can also help overcome vaginal discomfort. Some women find that relaxation techniques, sensual massage, masturbation, or changing sexual positions can heighten their sexual experiences. For women or couples who are struggling to understand and accept the changes in sexual function that may accompany menopause, counseling can be an option. Counseling can be done on an individual basis or together with your partner.
REFERENCE: Cony, P. Menopause. Medscape. Oct 6, 2014