Patient Comments: Menopause - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your menopause symptoms?

Comment from: Myhorsetails, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I had a hysterectomy in my 40s. A few years later I thought I had mild hot flashes for a short while. I am now 64 and really having hot flashes! I hate the depression and the weight gain. Oh, and I have absolutely no desire for sex, some kissing and hugging and I am satisfied!

Comment from: gary, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 13

My wife is 54 and had a stroke about four years ago. She has gone through menopause. Now she has no desire to be with me. I'm wondering what we can do.

Comment from: melinda77, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I am 35 and recently found out that I am perimenopausal. I have no children of my own. I have already experienced my first hot flash. The weight gain is the worst, not to mention the insomnia. I have no sex drive. Thank god I have no boyfriend. My skin is dry. I'm wondering how long this stage lasts and if there are any more surprise symptoms that I could encounter.

Comment from: Mollly Rouse, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 27

I have best treatment has been effective for your menopause symptoms which is Menoquil. It is a revolutionary all natural menopause supplement that offers relief to most menopause and perimenopause symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, fatigue, decreased sex drive, mood swings, and relentless weight gain.

Comment from: sueann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I go to the doctor for bio identical hormone therapy. However, it is administered as shots into the hip. It is not a trans dermal as the report states above(like a cream).

Comment from: geeta, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 17

I am 46 years old. For two months my menstrual period is paused and I feel very tired and get irritated very earlier if doing any hard work. The whole day I have sweats and hot flashes. At night I have a tendency of urinal pressure. It's really a big sort of change in my life and in every women.

Comment from: FiftyShades, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I carry a small fan with a spray bottle attached that I found for $4. It was cheap and it works marvelously for hot flashes! I've tried natural supplements like Menopause Formula from Natrol and Availyn made by vitamin boat. The Availyn is a little more costly, but worth the extra money. I find that night sweats don't occur as often and I've had sex with my husband more frequently.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I have had great results managing the symptoms of menopause using natural alternatives in addition to eating a healthful diet and regular exercise. I've also recently incorporated yoga, which studies show helps with the signs and symptoms of menopause. This holistic approach has been very successful in managing my menopause symptoms.

Comment from: life begins at fifty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I am so happy with premarin, it really has changed my life. Used to be so stiff and have sore aching joints. Don't want to stop taking it.

Menopause - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with approaching menopause?
Menopause - Experience Question: Did you experience weight gain with menopause?