Patient Comments: Menopause - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your menopause symptoms?

Comment from: Jane, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

Surprisingly exercise stops my hot and cold flushes and they don't recur during the rest of the day. I have always done a lot of sport; mainly now cycling, badminton, and mountain walking, and I thought that this would aggravate hot flushes but it was exactly the opposite. On the first bike ride (about 3 hours) the hot flushes stopped in the first 30 minutes and I didn't have any more for the rest of the day or evening. The same thing when I went mountain walking, we climbed 1000 m with no hot flushes. I've not seen anything written about this but it's an easy, enjoyable, and healthy way to quickly feel much better.

Comment from: 53, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I am 52 and had a hysterectomy at 34. Two years ago night sweat and moodiness began. I started to take lowest dose of Premarin. It worked, but not great, and was very expensive. I just started estradiol today. I hope this works, I need some sleep.

Comment from: Myhorsetails, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I had a hysterectomy in my 40s. A few years later I thought I had mild hot flashes for a short while. I am now 64 and really having hot flashes! I hate the depression and the weight gain. Oh, and I have absolutely no desire for sex, some kissing and hugging and I am satisfied!

Comment from: gary, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 13

My wife is 54 and had a stroke about four years ago. She has gone through menopause. Now she has no desire to be with me. I'm wondering what we can do.

Comment from: melinda77, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I am 35 and recently found out that I am perimenopausal. I have no children of my own. I have already experienced my first hot flash. The weight gain is the worst, not to mention the insomnia. I have no sex drive. Thank god I have no boyfriend. My skin is dry. I'm wondering how long this stage lasts and if there are any more surprise symptoms that I could encounter.

Comment from: Mollly Rouse, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 27

I have best treatment has been effective for your menopause symptoms which is Menoquil. It is a revolutionary all natural menopause supplement that offers relief to most menopause and perimenopause symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, fatigue, decreased sex drive, mood swings, and relentless weight gain.

Comment from: sueann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I go to the doctor for bio identical hormone therapy. However, it is administered as shots into the hip. It is not a trans dermal as the report states above(like a cream).

Comment from: geeta, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 17

I am 46 years old. For two months my menstrual period is paused and I feel very tired and get irritated very earlier if doing any hard work. The whole day I have sweats and hot flashes. At night I have a tendency of urinal pressure. It's really a big sort of change in my life and in every women.

Menopause - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with approaching menopause?
Menopause - Experience Question: Did you experience weight gain with menopause?