Patient Comments: Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with approaching menopause?

Comment from: Ginger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

When I started having severe hot flashes every hour at the age of 49, I suddenly became chemical sensitive with menopause. I could not use soap or lotion, cleaner, spray, candles, etc. My skin was fried for about 2 years with blisters and scabs before we figured it out. The parabens in the soaps and lotion mimic estrogens. When I get a hot flash I will still sometimes itch. The skin on my face is looking much more wrinkled and crepe-like. It hurts and feels extremely parched. I can only use coconut oil and I've had to use olive oil because it's thicker. I will have to make my own sunscreen with titanium dioxide.

Comment from: Jacks63, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

From the menopause I am having anxiety attacks about flying. I used to be fine but now any turbulence and my anxiety levels rise. I have flutters and have to cough to clear it.

Comment from: zaza s., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

With approaching menopause I had continuous hot flashes and nonstop sweating.

Comment from: Nannie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

I am having a hard time with everything menopause. It is near a year since I had a period, my symptoms are varied and are leaving me semi housebound as I don't know how I'll be feeling from day to day. I get this horrible scary body sensations which then leaves me in a near uncontrollable crying mess till it passes. I just feel unwell, I get low blood sugar, and feelings like I'm going to pass out. I have to eat every 2 or 3 hours hoping to feel ok. I have low stamina and energy, anxiety, headiness, unsteadiness, also I am hot flushed with blood pressure (BP) spikes. I wake early, occasionally hot and sweaty. I can't take hormone replacement therapy. Lots of other medicines seem to interfere with my BP medicines. I do take herbal menopause tablets but not sure how effective they are. I stopped taking multi B vitamins because of anxiety. Just want to be normal again; been a long 2 years so far.

Comment from: Michele, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I am a 48 year old female, and I have had cycles ranging from 14 days to 34 days long in the past year. I have yet to skip a period. My premenstrual symptoms feel like early pregnancy and my monthly flows are heavy. My moods swing widely in the week before my period and I literally feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. One good thing is that Advil and Midol will help lessen those symptoms. My sex drive is still going full force, thank goodness!

Comment from: Rlc, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I am 56. I haven't had a period since December, and now I am bleeding.

Comment from: lost, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

I'm 51. I can't stabilize these menopause frustrations. I have severe mood swings, anxiety to the obsessive hate of hubby admiring other women, depressive ups and downs, restless sleeps, and aching muscles. I am feeling useless to my family. I am on Catapres and Drulox that's supposed to help. I have nervous body jolts, fatigue and brain fog. I had angioplasty six years ago and on minimum medication. I am fully fit and healthy from diabetes and heart disease now; until, along came menopause! Thank you very much!

Menopause - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your menopause symptoms?
Menopause - Experience Question: Did you experience weight gain with menopause?