Patient Comments: Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with approaching menopause?

Comment from: Female Published: August 15

My periods became very light. I did not have a period for six months. My doctor thought it was premenopause but when I went for my annual check up and still had not had a period, he concluded I had experienced menopause. I had very mild hot flashes, especially at night. They stopped for a while but have returned. I wake up several times a night. I have experienced depression but the biggest change is that I have absolutely no interest in sex. I don't miss it at all.

Comment from: mfedor, 45-54 Female Published: August 07

When I was approaching menopause, I experienced night sweats, erratic periods, depression, and increased cramping with my periods.

Comment from: sherrie, 65-74 Female Published: August 14

I experienced bleeding for a long peroid of time. One month its normal the next month its 15 or more days.

Published: July 31

I am experiencing mild hot flashes, mild vaginal itching, and dry eyes. My last period was 7 months ago.

Menopause - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your menopause symptoms?
Menopause - Experience Question: Did you experience weight gain with menopause?