Patient Comments: Meniere's Disease - Symptoms

Please describe your symptoms of Meniere's Disease.

Comment from: Ram, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 16

I'm a 30-years-old male. According to my doctor, my Meniere's disease has just started. He said it's early Meniere's. I get vertigo lasting two minutes every second week.

Comment from: Sheila, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I have had meniere disease for many years. I went to a meniere's specialist. Like everyone else I have roaring in my ears, bad vertigo and nausea. The doctor prescribed me Xanax 2 mil which comes the inner ear down and meclizine 5 mg for the nausea. I also get the predinsone shots in the ear. However, I also have had 3 back surgeries along with a number of other problems. I go to a pain clinc. I receive a Lanacane IV Drip once every 3 weeks. I noticed with the Lanacane IV Drip, my meniere's disease is more tolerable. I do not get the nausea as bad, the vertigo is not as bad and the roaring goes away. I noticed when I do not receive the Lanacane drip every 3 weeks my Meniere's disease gets worse.

Comment from: lomelindi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have all the symptoms except the vertigo. My symptoms have been fairly constant for 4 and a half months. Some days are slightly better than others, but I have symptoms every day. The fullness and tinnitus are better in the morning before I get out of bed, but return within minutes of arising. I have quite a bit of pain in my ears. Both of mine are affected, the left usually worse than the right. The tinnitus is consuming my life. On days when it is at its worst, I feel trapped in my own head with the roaring. I am a musician and the tinnitus is driving me crazy. I have three different sounds. A high pitched electronic sound, a mid pitched brassy sound, and a low pitch machinery sound. The pitches are dissonant.

Comment from: Suffering, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I had a mastoid operation just over 2 weeks ago. I had been suffering with an ear infection for a month which wasn't responding to antibiotics. I had a CT scan which showed there was something wrong in the mastoid. Since then I am very off balance, dizzy and have ringing in my ear all the time.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I have the spinning when I lay down and turn my head in the bed or get up too quickly from bed. This is the only symptom I have, but my mother has this disease full blown. She has to wear hearing aids and gets nauseated and dizzy with ringing of the ear.

Meniere's Disease - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your Meniere's disease?