Patient Comments: Meniere's Disease - Symptoms

Please describe your symptoms of Meniere's Disease.

Comment from: lomelindi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have all the symptoms except the vertigo. My symptoms have been fairly constant for 4 and a half months. Some days are slightly better than others, but I have symptoms every day. The fullness and tinnitus are better in the morning before I get out of bed, but return within minutes of arising. I have quite a bit of pain in my ears. Both of mine are affected, the left usually worse than the right. The tinnitus is consuming my life. On days when it is at its worst, I feel trapped in my own head with the roaring. I am a musician and the tinnitus is driving me crazy. I have three different sounds. A high pitched electronic sound, a mid pitched brassy sound, and a low pitch machinery sound. The pitches are dissonant.

Comment from: Suffering, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I had a mastoid operation just over 2 weeks ago. I had been suffering with an ear infection for a month which wasn't responding to antibiotics. I had a CT scan which showed there was something wrong in the mastoid. Since then I am very off balance, dizzy and have ringing in my ear all the time.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I have the spinning when I lay down and turn my head in the bed or get up too quickly from bed. This is the only symptom I have, but my mother has this disease full blown. She has to wear hearing aids and gets nauseated and dizzy with ringing of the ear.

Meniere's Disease - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your Meniere's disease?