megestrol Related Diseases & Conditions
Medications are used to manage a variety of conditions. Our doctors have compiled a list of ailments that the medication megestrol may be used to treat or manage.
Though uterine cancer's cause is unknown, there are many factors that will put a woman at risk, including being over age 50,...learn more »
In This Article
Uterine Cancer Article
- Uterine cancer facts*
- What is the uterus?
- What is uterine cancer (endometrial cancer)?
- What causes uterine cancer? Who is at risk for uterine cancer?
- What are uterine cancer symptoms and signs?
- How is a diagnosis of uterine cancer determined?
- How is the stage determined for uterine cancer?
- What are treatment options for uterine cancer?
- What about surgery for the treatment of endometrial cancer?
- What about radiation therapy for the treatment of uterine cancer?
- What about chemotherapy for the treatment of endometrial cancer?
- What about hormone therapy for the treatment of uterine cancer?
- How does a person go about getting a second opinion after a uterine cancer diagnosis?
- What sort of follow-up treatment is needed during and after uterine cancer treatment?
- What support is available for patients with uterine cancer?
- What research is being done on uterine cancer?
In This Article
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Article
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) facts
- What is the history of HIV, and when was HIV discovered?
- What tests are used in the diagnosis of HIV?
- How is HIV spread (transmitted)?
- What are symptoms and signs of HIV infection and AIDS in men, women, and children?
- What happens after an exposure to the blood or genital secretions of an HIV-infected person?
- What laboratory tests are used to monitor HIV-infected people?
- What are HIV treatments and medications? What are the key principles in managing HIV infection?
- When should antiviral therapy be started?
- What is the initial therapy for HIV?
- What are nucleoside and nucleotide analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs)?
- What are nonnucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs)?
- What are protease inhibitors?
- What are fusion inhibitors?
- What is a CCR5 antagonist?
- What is an integrase strand transfer inhibitor?
HIV drugs are in development?
- What are side effects of HIV therapy?
- What happens if the patient's viral load increases while on HIV therapy?
- What are the risks of missing doses or stopping antiviral therapy?
- Should patients with the flu- or mono-like illness of primary HIV infection be treated?
- What about treatment for HIV during pregnancy?
- What can be done for people who have severe immunosuppression?
- What is the future for HIV-infected individuals with regards to treatment simplification and cure research?
- What is in the future for preventing HIV transmission?
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...learn more »
In This Article
Breast Cancer Article
- Breast cancer facts
- What is breast cancer?
- What are the statistics on male breast cancer?
- What are the different types of breast cancer? Where does breast cancer come from?
- What causes breast cancer?
- What are breast cancer risk factors? How do you get breast cancer?
- What are breast cancer symptoms and signs?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose breast cancer?
- How are breast cancer stages determined?
- What are breast cancer treatments?
- What are breast cancer survival rates by stage? What is the prognosis of breast cancer?
- Is it possible to prevent breast cancer?
- What research is being done on breast
cancer? Is it worthwhile to participate in a breast cancer clinical trial?
- I may have
breast cancer. What questions should I ask my doctor?
- Is the doctor sure I have breast cancer?
- What type of breast cancer do I have?
- What difference does a precise
breast cancer diagnosis
- What has been done to exclude cancer in other areas of
the same breast or in my other breast?
- What type of medical team do I need for the most accurate
breast cancer diagnosis?
- Is my family history relevant to my breast cancer diagnosis?
- What other studies should be done on my breast tissue biopsy?
- How urgent is it that I make
decisions and begin breast cancer treatment?
- Should I stop taking hormone
replacement therapy (HRT) after a breast cancer diagnosis?
- Even though my breast tumor does not have hormone receptors,
should I take tamoxifen to reduce the risk of a new tumor?
- I have a ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), a type of
localized cancer. Why have I been advised to have a mastectomy when other women
with invasive breast cancer have lumpectomies?
- Should I start
chemotherapy before surgery for breast cancer?
- If I am advised to have a mastectomy,
what are the risks and benefits of immediate breast reconstruction?
- Should breast cancer patients have their lymph nodes removed?
- What is a sentinel lymph node biopsy, and what
are its benefits and risks?
- Are there any other questions I
should ask my doctor about breast cancer?
In This Article
Paget Disease of the Breast Article
- Paget disease of the breast facts*
- Paget disease of the breast key points
- What is Paget disease of the breast?
- Who gets Paget disease of the breast?
- What causes Paget disease of the breast?
- What are the symptoms of Paget disease of the breast?
- How is Paget disease of the breast diagnosed?
- How is Paget disease of the breast treated?
- What is the prognosis for people with Paget disease of the breast?
- What research studies are under way on Paget disease of the breast?
In This Article
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome Article
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) facts
- What does AIDS stand for? What causes AIDS?
- What is the history of AIDS?
- What are symptoms and signs of AIDS?
- What are risk factors for developing AIDS?
- How is AIDS diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for HIV/AIDS?
- What is the treatment for HIV during pregnancy?
- What is the treatment for non-HIV-infected people who are exposed to the genital secretions or blood of someone with HIV?
- What are the complications of HIV?
- What is the prognosis for HIV infection?
- Can HIV infection be prevented?
- Is there a vaccine for HIV?
- What research is being done to find a cure for HIV?
- Where can a person find information about clinical trials for HIV and AIDS?