- What is megestrol, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for megestrol?
- Is megestrol available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for megestrol?
- What are the side effects of megestrol?
- What is the dosage for megestrol?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with megestrol?
- Is megestrol safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about megestrol?
What is the dosage for megestrol?
The recommended dose for stimulating appetite is 800 mg per day of the regular megestrol suspension (40 mg/ml) or 625 mg per day of the ES formulation (125 mg/ml). Breast cancer is treated with 40 mg four times daily.
Which drugs or supplements interact with megestrol?
Quick GuideBreast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.