Mediterranean Diet Related Diseases & Conditions
You are reading this article to get healthier and help prevent disease. Our doctors have compiled a list of ailments related to Mediterranean Diet. The conditions and diseases listed below may be helped by the healthy lifestyle interventions outlined in the article.
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...learn more »
In This Article
- Cholesterol levels facts
- What is cholesterol?
- What are LDL and HDL cholesterol?
- What determines the level of LDL cholesterol in the blood?
- Does lowering LDL cholesterol prevent heart attacks and strokes?
- How can LDL cholesterol levels be lowered?
- What are "normal" cholesterol blood levels?
- What are the 2013 ACC/AHA Guidelines?
- Why is HDL the good cholesterol?
- What are LDL/HDL and total/HDL ratios?
- How can levels of HDL cholesterol be increased?
- What are triglycerides and VLDL?
- Do high triglyceride levels cause atherosclerosis?
- What causes elevated triglyceride levels?
- How can elevated blood triglyceride levels be treated?
- What medications are available to lower cholesterol, lipids, and triglycerides?
- Is lowering LDL cholesterol enough?