meclizine - oral, Antivert, D-vert, Dramamine II
GENERIC NAME: MECLIZINE - ORAL (MECK-lih-zeen)
BRAND NAME(S): Antivert, D-vert, Dramamine II, Univert, Vertin
USES: Meclizine is an antihistamine that is used to prevent or treat nausea, vomiting, and dizziness caused by motion sickness. It may also be used to reduce lightheadedness, dizziness, and loss of balance (vertigo) caused by diseases that affect the inner ear.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions