Patient Comments: Measles - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with your measles? Did the rash appear right away?

Comment from: Patki1770, Male (Patient) Published: January 15

I am travelling in Vietnam and broke out with the measles two days ago. This is day three, and my body is covered in spots. I spent last night throwing up and diarrhea. I started having very small headaches a few days before the first spots and a bad one yesterday. I have sent pictures home to Canada for my doctor to confirm, but I do not have any doubt it is measles. I had red measles as a child and German measles in grade nine.

Comment from: mylene, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 08

My six month old baby got measles! It came from upper body down to her feet after the second week. She also got a fever and I used to give her paracetamol.

Comment from: ube, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

My niece who is 6 months of age is now suffering a measles attack. She had rashes all her body a cough, fever and flu. I first saw the symptoms on the 4th day and I'm not aware that it's already measles.

Comment from: Laura, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 22

My grandson is 17 months old. He came down with a nasty cold. He started getting better, and then came down with a 103+ fever with extreme body pain, runny nose, and queasy stomach. He was diagnosed with measles.

Measles - Experience Question: Did you have measles as a child? Please share your experience.
Measles - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment, including medication or home remedies, did you receive when you had measles?
Measles - Vaccine Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the measles vaccine.